Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowpotamus

Snowmageddon? Played. Snowpocalypse? Tired. Snowtastrophe? Stop it. I say it's a Snowpotamus: big, wet, and dangerous. Fortunately, school has been cancelled, and The Big Guy has been able to work from home so we haven't had to worry about trying to get around in this mess. 

Our plan for today was to try to make it down to the trail for some cross-country skiing, but late this morning the snow became more rain-like, and working from home means you still have to work. Thus I was left to my own devices. 

The Big Guy suggested I try skiing around our property. So I did.

I started from the back deck...

 headed out under the tree towards the chickens...


to the back of the property, through the grove, back around the house...


out the driveway...


up our road (and down our road -- wheeeeeee!) scaring the ponies.

I did that three times until I was pretty well soaked. Then I made this: