Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dewey Lake, Redux

__________________________________________________________________
Just over a year ago, in August of '08, we set off for a hike to Dewey Lake on the Pacific Crest Trail. Did I mention it was August? Because that's important to what I'm going to say next: It snowed. Not a lot, but it was so cold that we put on everything resembling clothing in our packs. See how cute that made me? If you click on this picture, you can see the snowflakes. In August.
Cut to September '09. Sunshine! Blue skies! And I'm still cute! (tee hee)

Here's The big guy in August '08. When it snowed, although this was the end of the hike that day, and the sun made a half-hearted appearance to give me this gorgeous photo.And here they are the second time around. (That is not Dewey Lake you see there, be patient)


This is Dewey Lake. It was very breezy this time, and the lake had tiny white caps and a little surf.
Otter had a swim, naturally.
Zuli did not, but she enjoyed the view and her balance beam exercises.
I just enjoyed my time in the mountains with these three.